A Christ-Centered 12-Step Program
20 years ago, Saddleback Church launched Celebrate Recovery with 43 people. This program was designed to help those struggling with hurts, habits and hang-ups by showing them the loving power of Jesus Christ through a recovery process.
Celebrate Recovery is now in more than 20,000 churches worldwide, including Calvary Reformed Church!
Starting August 1, 2019
Time and Location
Dinner: 5:30pm – 6:15pm ($3-$6)
Large Group: 6:30pm – 7:30pm in the Worship Center
Open Share: 7:30pm – 8:30pm
Solid Rock Cafe: 8:30pm – 9:15pm
This is where we start to build healthy relationships. We have the chance to meet potential sponsors, develop support and accountability teams, and cultivate healthy friendships. Our CR food team barbecues (summer menu) and prepares all sorts of delicious and creative meals every week. We also open our Solid Rock Cafe at the end of open share in the Fireside Room, where we serve desserts including cake, pies, and fresh fruit.
This is a great opportunity to gather as a recovery community. We worship God with our Celebrate Recovery band, receive teaching on the 12 steps and their Biblical comparisons, and hear testimonies from those who have walked the road of recovery.
Open Share Groups
We gather in gender-based and issue-specific groups. Open Share groups provide an opportunity to share our experience, strength, and hope from our own recovery journey. Safety is key in recovery. In order to keep groups safe, we hold to these 5 guidelines:
1. Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts and feelings. Please limit your sharing to 3-5 minutes.
2. There will be no cross talk, please. Cross talk is when two individuals engage in dialogue, excluding all others. Each person is free to express feelings without interruption.
3. We are here to support each other. We will not attempt to “fix” one another.
4. Anonymity and confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group.
5. Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.
1st Time Attenders
If this is your first time, we invite you to our first-timers group in the Cafe’ after the large group meeting. This is a place to get questions answered and start your journey towards HOPE.